TAUNS’ efforts to fight the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We offer our sincerest prayer for those who lost their lives in a battle with COVID-19. At the same time, we extend our deepest sympathies to those who were infected by COVID-19 as well as their family members and the people involved. In addition, we pay our respect and are deeply grateful to the people who work very hard to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, including healthcare workers.
In an effort to prioritize the safety and good health of the people concerned, including our employees and their family members, we, as a company, take various preventative measures against the spread of infection as well as secure business continuity that is necessary for stable supply of our in vitro diagnostics.
Our management philosophy is “to enrich lives and provide peace of mind through proprietary in vitro diagnostics.” We believe that diagnostic pharmaceuticals have power to relieve patients’ anxiety for physical disorders caused by unknown reasons and to regain peace of mind and smile on their faces. We also believe that the spread of infection can be prevented by the early diagnosis. As a member of the community, we will go all out to contribute to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Stable supply of products and services
In the production department, we ensure infection prevention by, for example, conducting daily temperature checks, avoiding three Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings) by dispersing employees’ lunch time and installing partitions in the dining hall and office. In the sales department, we continue to provide steady customer services via telework by making use of the communication network. We expend all possible means to make sure we can supply products stably by not only maintaining sufficient stocks of products and raw materials that are necessary for production, but also deconcentrating product warehouses and distribution bases while keeping close communication among the bases even in ordinary times.
Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at the workplace
- Work shift
The employees are encouraged to work from home as much as they can when an individual assignment allows them to do so. If working from home causes a problem for each assignment, the employees are encouraged to stay in the office for a shortened period of time or stagger working hours to avoid rush hour (flextime). We also make an effort to prevent droplet infection by installing partitions, improving ventilation and adjusting humidity in the office. In addition, the employees can take paid leave to care for their children whose school is closed due to COVID-19 related reasons.
- Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from the people outside the company
- We try to reduce the number of visits and meetings with people from outside the company. But when visits and meetings are necessary, we ask all visitors for a temperature check, alcohol disinfection and wearing a facemask as well as filling out a visitor card so that we can conduct contact tracing when necessary.
- When visiting medical institutions, we only visit the institutions accepting visitors, follow their visitor rules, and take any other infection prevention measures such as wearing a facemask.
- Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 inside the company
- We thoroughly carry out infection prevention measures such as sanitizing hands, wearing a facemask and avoiding three Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, and close-contact settings) as well as conducting daily temperature checks when arriving at work.
- We organize web meetings as much as possible for discussions and internal meetings.
- An overseas business trip is prohibited in principle.
- As for a domestic business trip, we voluntarily refrain from making a trip to areas under the declaration of a state of emergency. When it is necessary to visit other areas for business reasons, such as customer care, we make the minimum number of trips with the minimum number of people.
- Regardless of the time of day or night, we voluntarily refrain from participating in business meals, attending trade shows and seminars, and holding or attending conferences and workshops involving a large number of people or group participation from multiple districts.
- Under unavoidable circumstances where we need to do those activities that should be refrained voluntarily as mentioned above, we pay careful attention to measures for the prevention of infections.
- Standards of behavior when an employee has cold-like symptoms such as a fever
An employee with cold-like symptoms such as a fever is encouraged to take a day off and see a doctor.
Research and Development
- Oct 20, 2020 Launch in Japan of “ImunoAce SARS-CoV-2,” an antigen test kit for detecting SARS-CoV-2
- Nov 24, 2021 Launch in Japan of “ImunoAce SARS-CoV-2 Ⅱ,” an antigen test kit for detecting SARS-CoV-2
(Updated Nov 24, 2021)